Established in 1983, Extron Electronics is a leading manufacturer of professional AV system integration products. Extron products are used to integrate video and audio into presentation systems for today’s high tech boardrooms, presentation/training centers, university lecture halls, and other applications.
- Computer-Video Interfaces allow the connection of large screen data displays to computers, such as PC, Macintosh, SGI, and SUN workstations.
- Switchers allow routing of multiple computer, video, and/or audio source signals to an individual output device.
- Matrix Switchers route multiple computer, video, and/or audio source signals to multiple output devices.
- Distribution Amplifiers send source signals to multiple devices while maintaining original signal integrity over long cable runs.
- Scalers take one video resolution and adjust it to another to match a video signal to a display device.
- Scan Converters allow recording of computer-video outputs onto videotape for applications such as viewing software information via a VCR.
- Signal Processors can improve the quality of an image by altering a signal, making routing and distribution easier, or allowing images to be displayed in a way that would not normally be possible.
- Ethernet Control Interfaces connect to AV equipment and provide flexible control, proactive monitoring, and troubleshooting of connected products.
- Cables connect all equipment in the AV system.
To provide dedicated, full-service support to Extron customers worldwide, Extron Electronics has a number of offices around the globe. Extron headquarters, located in Anaheim, CA, is the engineering and main manufacturing site for Extron products. In 1994, Extron Europe was opened in The Netherlands. In 1995, Extron Asia was launched in Singapore, and in 2000, Extron Japan was established in Tokyo.