As global organisations come to rely more and more on Video Conferencing and Audio Visual technologies the demands on the IT community to deliver a fully functional on demand service increases. As the adoption and cultural acceptance of these technologies increase so does the usage profile of the equipment often with far reaching consequences in the event of a service interruption.
VC/AV networks represent a significant investment not only in monetary terms but in resource and back end infrastructure to manage and operate the network. Over the last 4 years there has been a massive cultural change in many organisations that now identifies video collaboration as the preferred method of remote interaction.
A 2012 Gartner survey predicts that up-to 80% of all Wide Area Network bandwidth in the next 5 years will be video traffic and recent US studies show that 60% of all Human Resources 1st stage recruitment is conducted via video technology.
We recognise that maintaining and supporting a geographically dispersed VC/AV network is crucial to many organisations and the need for a trusted partner in this field is paramount to the continued adoption of smarter working patterns.
With our years of experience working in the systems integration arena we recognise that a single source maintenance contract is required but difficult to achieve, there are a variety of reasons for this but typically we see:
- Multiple business groups with different budget allocations
- Multiple vendors looking at individual requirements and forgetting network compatibility
- Different service level requirements
- No overall VC/AV strategy
- Budget increases in IT not subsidised by decrease in other areas e.g. travel
- IT departments simply not having the time to write a global RFP.
By offering a multi-tiered approach we can help to identify how best to leverage the investment and provide the service levels that are expected at business level. This approach allows you the customer to determine what maintenance package works best for you and how best to manage internal expectations. We will work with the client to clearly show the business strategy and how best to apportion the costs across the appropriate business sectors thus avoiding any potential conflicts of interest.
Additional benefits to consider when adopting a single source maintenance contract include
- Greater volume discounts on new hardware and individual maintenance contracts
- Reduction in vendor base resulting in a decrease of management overhead and associated costs
- Consistent level of installation and aftercare capability
- Accurate estate profile and a better understanding of operational budget requirements
- Enhanced SLA offerings for business critical deployments
- By ensuring the estate is fit for purpose you deliver an assurance that allows greater business adoption which in turn increases the ROI potential and delivers real time cost avoidance at a greater rate than anticipated
- By adopting a single layer of management approach the ability of the support organisation to deliver accurate reporting to the executive is greatly enhanced
- To ensure that your organisation selects a maintenance package that fits your requirements please contact your regional sales office or account management team who will assist you in making the right decisions.